The feedback given to me was useful in that different pairs of eyes were able to see that flaws that I had not seen. The compliments of my magazine were that the photos were clear, the color scheme and layout were consistent with each page, the cover was organized and eye-catching, and the dessert looked great. The constructive criticism given was that the words on the cover need to be moved to not cover as much of the cup of dessert, to fix the font color so it is more readable on the cover, add page numbers and branding to all four pages, and incorporate a variety of photos rather than just different angles of the same dessert featured.
Revisions I plan to make going forward are to change the color of the text on the cover to where it is more readable than the yellow. I am also going to move the text on the cover so it blocks less of the dessert. For the table of contents, I am going to change the font/color of the text to make it more readable as well. For the first page of my featured article, I am going to add more text that relates so that way I'm not taking the shortcut by having one page just a photo. From the comments of my peers, there is nothing that needs to be changed on my second featured page. The last thing I plan to revise is to go through all the photos from my photoshoot and change one of the photos on the pages to stop the cycle of strictly just the dessert photos. This will bring diversity among the photos as well as showcase the different types of photos I photographed.
No comments:
Post a Comment